Titulo del libro: Cancer Principles & Practice of Oncology
Autor del libro: Vincent T. DeVita Jr., Theodore S. Lawrence, Steven A. Rosenberg
Edición de libro: 11th edition
Formato de libro: EBook
Date published: 2019
Número de páginas: 4361
Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology is back again in its 11th edition 36 years after the publication of the first edition in 1982, or a new edition about every 3.5 years. It remains the most popular cancer text in the world and the only cancer text that is both online and continuously updated online.
Each new edition provides the opportunity for the editors to mix and match chapter authors to adjust the content of the text to changing times. Indeed, we change about a third of the authors with every edition, and we are grateful to the many physicians and scientists who have contributed and made the book what it is today.
The rate of change of scientific discovery continues to be breathtaking and matched by the impressive reduction of time between discovery and application, although clinical trials remain the rate-limiting step in getting discoveries to the bedside. The online updates prepared by experts selected by the editors and imbedded in the text in each chapter will continue to keep each edition fresh.
Since the 10th edition, the field of immunotherapy has literally exploded, and there is hardly a tumor type that is not amenable to some type of manipulation of the immune system. These changes are reflected in the new edition, not only in the disease-related chapters but also in new chapters summarizing the scientific basis of the new immunotherapies and the many new immunotherapy agents available and in development. Integrating all the new approaches to the management of cancer is the challenge of the future.
Textbooks remain unique in that unlike scientific papers, they present each new advance in the context of what has come before; they remain the ideal way for physicians to refresh their knowledge of the field and laboratory scientists to put their discoveries in proper perspective.
PPO, as it is commonly known, was unique in the field when it was first published in 1982, and, with the changes in format, authors, content, and presentation, it remains a unique resource for all providers in cancer medicine.
- SECTION 1. ETIOLOGY OF CANCER
- SECTION 2. EPIDEMIOLOGY OF CANCER
- SECTION 1. CANCER OF THE HEAD AND NECK
- SECTION 2. CANCER OF THE THORACIC CAVITY
- SECTION 3. CANCERS OF THE GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT
- SECTION 4. CANCERS OF THE GENITOURINARY SYSTEM
- SECTION 5. GYNECOLOGIC CANCERS
- SECTION 6. CANCER OF THE BREAST
- SECTION 7. CANCER OF THE ENDOCRINE SYSTEM
- SECTION 8. SARCOMAS OF SOFT TISSUE AND BONE
- SECTION 9. CANCERS OF THE SKIN
- SECTION 10. NEOPLASMS OF THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM
- SECTION 11. CANCERS IN ADOLESCENTS AND YOUNG ADULTS
- SECTION 12. LYMPHOMAS IN ADULTS
- SECTION 13. LEUKEMIAS AND PLASMA CELL TUMORS
- SECTION 14. OTHER CANCERS
- SECTION 15. ONCOLOGIC EMERGENCIES
- SECTION 16. TREATMENT OF METASTATIC CANCER
- SECTION 17. STEM CELL TRANSPLANTATION
- SECTION 18. MANAGEMENT OF ADVERSE EFFECTS OF TREATMENT
- SECTION 1. SUPPORTIVE CARE AND QUALITY OF LIFE
- SECTION 2. COMPLEMENTARY, ALTERNATIVE, AND INTEGRATIVE THERAPIES