Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing 2nd Edition – Glenys Boxwell

Libros de Medicina en PDF
Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing
This is the second edition of Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing, first published in 2000. In the intervening years since the publication of the first edition, one would probably think that much has changed in neonatal nursing, but, in reality, little has. Newborn infants in the main (approximately 90 per cent) still survive the arduous and challenging processes a round the time of birth and escape the ‘neonatal intensive care experience’. Unfortunately that leaves the 10 per cent of the newborn population who will require our services.
The vast majority of those will be infants in the preterm category, with a smaller proportion being term infants who become compromised around the time of birth.
Without doubt, technology and interventions now allow us to manage certain conditions more effectively, for example, the use of inhaled nitric oxide and improved ventilation techniques in persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn. Additionally, diverse therapeutic strategies have been introduced into common practice in the thermal management of infants. The technique of delivering preterm infants into polyethylene bags (a simple yet incredibly effective manoeuvre) has been revolutionary in achieving and maintaining thermal stability in the most premature populations, with the opposite end of the spectrum, that of significant cooling of the compromised term infant, being introduced to minimise brain injury. Aspects of care delivery that are unchanged are those of providing support for parents within the NICU and coping with the ethical dilemmas that nurses face constantly within their daily practice.


1. Exploring Evidence-based Practice (EBP) in Neonatal Care
2. Developmentally Focused Nursing Care
3. Families in NICU
4. Resuscitation of the Newborn
5. Management of Thermal Stability
6. Management of Respiratory Disorders
7. Management of Cardiovascular Disorders
8. Neonatal Brain Injury
9. Management of Haematological Disorders
10. Pain and Its Management in NICU
11. Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
12. Nutritional Management of the Infant in NICU
13. Neonatal Infection
14. Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures
15. Neonatal Anaesthesia
16. Neonatal Surgery
17. Neonatal Transport
18. Medication in the Newborn
19. Bereavement in NICU
20. Ethics and Neonatal Nursing

Autor: Glenys Boxwell
Editorial: Routledge
Edición: 2ª Edición
Año: 2010
Idioma: Inglés


Descargar / Download / Bajar
1Fichier | Zippyshare | SolidFiles | Mirror
Descargar PDF


  1. Alex
    • admin
Anatomia Biologia Cardiologia Cirugia Enfermeria Farmacología Fisiología Ginecología Odontologia Oncología Otros Pediatría Psicología
Principios de Anatomía y Fisiología 13a Edición – Gerard J. Tortora, Bryan Derrickson
Adhesión en Odontología Restauradora – Gilberto Henostroza H.
Enfermería en Cuidados Paliativos y al Final de la Vida – M.ª Belén Martínez Cruz