The information nurses need…when, where, and how they need it! Nursingfocused and easytoread, this handbook delivers all of the information you need to understand how tests work, interpret their results, and provide quality patient care—pretest, intratest, and posttest. Tests and procedures are listed in alphabetical order by their complete name for quick reference. The integrated index allows fast searches by abbreviation, synonym, disease/disorder, specimen type, or test classification.
Plus, a Body Systems Appendix includes a list of common laboratory and diagnostic tests for each body system as well as nutritionrelated lab tests.
– Laboratory Critical Findings
– Diagnostic Critical Findings
– Patient Preparation and Specimen Collection
6.Online at DavisPlus
– Potential Nursing Diagnoses Associated With Laboratory and Diagnostic Testing
– Guidelines for AgeSpecific Communication
– Transfusion Reactions: Laboratory Findings and Potential Nursing Interventions
– Introduction to CLIA
– Effects of Natural Products on Laboratory Values
– Standard and Universal Precautions
Autores: Anne M. Van Leeuwen, Mickey L. Bladh